How many push before your #1 is born?

Hi mummies, for those who opt for natural delivery how many push did you tried before your #1 is born? #1stimemom

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Sorry mine is somewhat not relevant but I did try to push. Cause I was told to “empty” pushed for 3-4 times before being wheeled in for emergency c-sect because baby didn’t want to come out. Why I say “empty” was because I didn’t feel the urge to push anything out so it felt so weird suddenly being asked to push out “nothing” randomly. Contractions started at 7am and water bag broke at 11pm previous day and had to wait for 10cm dilation until 9am next day before I could “push”. Yup, it was really risky. But my head full of a baby girl was delivered full term at 40 weeks right on her EDD at 3.7kg.

Read more

when about 9-10 cm, midwives told me to push a few times so that they can see more of the bb crown. Once that happen, they called in the gynae within 15min and gynae will guide when to push according to the contraction chart. he will say take a deep breath and slowly breath out and push when contraction at peak. less than 5 times, bb just slip out.

Read more
VIP Member

I push four times😆😂still clear in my mind. I used laughing gas then my gynae asked me to take the laughing gas then i push without instruction 😆 then my gynae told me to wait cause she wanted clean cause there was 💩 a bit then i push three times and my baby come out 👶🏻

First baby I pushed for around 3-4 sets then the midwife told me to stop pushing as my doctor didn’t come yet. Haha my active labour was 15mins, My midwife told me to push out as if I was pooping the hardest poop ever.

hahaha mostly the first baby is is so much of a trial and error. mine was 45mins in labour, baby head is big till I need to change to different position (side way) to push and back to normal position.😅

Hmm I push too fast for the 1st hour after dilated to 10cm. Then the next half an hour my baby came out. Didn’t count how many pushes but I know I was pushing for 1 1/2 hour 😢

Didnt know exactly how many push but i started pushing at 10 am and my son is born at 10.42 am . So 40 mins of pushing .

I didn’t even bother to count because I was busy pushing 😅

Super Mum

I was in so much pain, I can’t remember a thing. Hahahaha

maybe 15 pushes? lost count cuz was in so much pain