Eating lots of junk foods (Pregnant)

Hello mummies. Is there any mummies also face this kind of issue? Like before being pregnant, I'm not into these food. Like coke, 100+, sprite, french fries, burger, hashbrown, coffee, oolong tea, chinese tea, etc. But after being pregnant, I have craving for all these almost everyday. i don't know is it because i have a hard time controlling these cravings, my baby is actually smaller than expected. 28 wks but baby is only 26 wks. doctor said it's okay due to genes. Both my spouse and i are quite short. First child is also smaller in size compare to peers. Does anyone face similar issue? Like you know these food are bad for you, but you just can't control your cravings. What are some issues you faced once your baby is born? Is the baby alright when born?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Me! I hate gassy drinks all along so I didn’t used to drink them and only had junk food at most once in 2-3 months prior to falling pregnant 🥲 Through my entire first trimester and early second trimester i craved for junk food and I even didn’t mind gassy soft drinks. I had them every 1-2 weeks because the cravings were so strong. I’m in week 21 now and consciously trying to control my cravings and it’s so tough! My gynae has not pointed out any growth issues with bb so far. However she did tell me to watch my weight gain.. I’ve gained 8kg so far 😔

Read more
2y ago

Might be due to you and your husband’s genes too as you mentioned both if you are on the petite side. I think as long as you can trust your gynae and he/she doesn’t flag out any issues, don’t worry too much! 😊 I’m envious of your “not gaining enough weight”. Haha.

My pregnancy motto is that anything in moderation is fine (I avoid raw food, alcohol and caffeine as advised by my gynae but everything else goes), and so long as your gynae isn’t concerned and your prenatal tests are clear, u are good. Happy mum, happy bub. The more u deprive yourself, the more u may crave it. Make sure u also get ample water and fibre and vitamins in with your other meals ❤️

Read more

Me! Never had coke for 4-5 years but damnnnn coke is the only soft drink I craved for during pregnancy. 😒 I’ve put on 17KG, baby stayed for 40weeks 3 days and came out weighing only 2.6kg 😂 No issues for the both of us, no jaundice issues as well 😊 Height wise it’s always 1cm shorter than average height but weight wise always at 50th percentile 😅 (still within normal range)

Read more
2y ago

That's good to hear~ 😁 I'm so worried for my baby as I have hard time controlling these cravings.

Just eat everything in moderation. I controlled diet, no sugar or coke since start of pregnancy but gave up after 5th month. Ate burger, pastries, sweets, coke, all sugary stuff 2-3 times a week. Now diagnosed with GD at 28+ weeks.

I eat junk food/unhealthy food everyday 😅 fast food, chips, cookies and etc.. but so far all scans and checks so far so good