Food recommendations that doesn’t trigger morning sickness?

Hi all! What are some of your cravings in your first trimester and what have you chosen to eat, to minimise morning sickness? Haha my choice of food depends on how I’m feeling every day, but on bad days I just survive on pregnancy milk powder and bread. Some of the more unusual cravings I have are: fried beansprouts and Soon Kueh! I’ve always eaten these before I got preggers, but I’m surprised I can crave for fried beansprouts this much! Separately - does anyone experience digestive system upsets during their first tri? I read that it’s common to get constipation but I seem to be on the opposite end of the spectrum (in quite a bad way).

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey! I crave a lot for pizza and egg tarts! I’ve chose to eat these food in small portions. Try to pace out so that you don’t feel nausea as feeling hungry will cause MS. I’ve learnt it the hard way when I had my baby #1. Keep eating small bites! It helped sooo much! Yes I had stomach upset for this pregnancy too. I used to have bad constipation last time but so different now. As long as it’s not too bad I guess it’s ok. Actually constipation gets worse as pregnancy progresses with all the other multivitamins etc we are gg to take.

Read more
11mo ago

Thanks for your reply! Egg tarts! I hope I’ll be able to eat these soon! I miss all the food I used to eat, am now on a mostly bread diet to keep the MS at bay. I guess I’ll try to just drink more water to balance out. All the best for your pregnancy!

For me it's bread (I try to eat sprouted bread cos healthier) with peanut butter and Nutella. Sometimes cereal with milk. My doc said just eat whatever you can keep down, best is simple carbs. He even said can eat ice cream. Important thing at this stage is to keep hydrated and give our bodies the energy to continue functioning. Our baby is still taking nourishment from the yolk sac for now. The protein and healthy food can come in later.

Read more

I crave quite a lot of things but stopped myself from eating these unhealthy stuffs..