Experience labour symtoms at 37 weeks

Any mummies start to have labour symtoms at 37 weeks and how is it like? What to lookout?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes. I had a bloody show on my panty & contractions every 5 mins. Gynae broke my waterbag for all of my 4 pregnancies (last was 9 yrs ago). Normally all the mucus plug, the bloody show or even when the water bag burst, will still take some time to go into labour. BUT always do look out for consistent contractions which is 2-10 mins apart. By this time no matter how you stand, walk or even lie down, the pain will still be there. You will feel the pain from your back (very bad backache to be exact) to your stomach & vagina when contractions come. Don't wait until 2 mins to go to the delivery suite. At least 10 mins so you can reach the hospital in time for labour

Read more

i'm 37 weeks 2days today, my appt on last thurs doctor never check cervix but i feel like my cervix open a bit already 😅 so far, sometimes i have stomach cramps like need to poop but it goes away. my heartburn and indigestion is getting worst day by day. sometimes hard to breathe cause like burning feeling at my upper stomach. so far no bloody show,mucus plug or any water leakage. but my pelvic pain, sometimes i cannot walk cause its really pain feel like baby coming out if i continue to move.. next week 38 weeks doctor doing the membrane sweep she say some woman will go into labour few days after doing this . if not 38weeks 5 days doctor will induce me cause i have GDM. i'm so scared to be induce

Read more
7mo ago

May I ask why need to induce for GDM? Cannot let the baby decide when to come out? I have GDM too so quite worried about inducing.

VIP Member

I delivered my first born at 37 weeks. Had contractions , extreme pelvic pain and bloody show. I started to dilate at 36 weeks on doctor appointment but it took awhile to fully dilate. I wasn't fully dilated when I gave birth thou... it was only a few cm opened and I feel like pushing already cause I felt the baby head coming out, with the midwife help... she don't have choice other than to cut it cause the hole is too small for the baby head to pass through 😂

Read more

The most definite sign for impending labour would be contractions! Second will be waterbag breaking. Though breaking doesn't mean labour will be immediate, you'd likely still need to check into the hospital for surveillance to make sure that baby is doing alright and is not pooping inside. I was told by my gynae to look out for these two signs. As for mucus plug and bloody show, labour may not happen up till days.

Read more

37wk doc appt 1cm already.. at midnight I feel contraction 8min apart by 4am 5min apart..no waterbag break, spotting blood, rush to kkh by 530am doc break the waterbag n deliver

what comes e worry is e contraction. cos dunno is real or tummyache😭 cos my last birth was csect hence totally forgotten e contraction feeling which i had 6yrs ago haha