INDUCED LABOUR

Hi everyone, i will be induced in 2 days at 37 weeks due to baby's weight is too heavy. Anyone here have experience induction? How long will you be in labour?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

i was induced on the 13 1pm, gave birth on 14 11:11am. 2cm dilated when they induced. waited until 6pm for it to be only 3cm dilated. pushed to delivery suite at 6.30 and used epidural by 730. 430am waterbag burst was already 5cm dilated. from 430am to 630am i am 8cm dilated. only fully dilated at 936am and started pushing for 1hour plus. Hahaha! they told me baby weight is 3.8kg(roughly) almost asked me to czer and keep on pestering for czer. but i rejected and told them off. turn out my baby weight is only 2.99kg. afterall induce experience depends on how your body react. when they induced me, i walk around the hospital until i felt contractions then i went up to the ward. oh, dont forget to eat before u induced or when you are at the ward. bcos when youre in delivery suite youre not allowed to eat only allowed to drink sips of plain water. anyway have a smooth delivery. all the best and dont stress up. 🥰

Read more
VIP Member

Yes, 12 months ago. My boy is 1 years old already hahhaa time flies. So back to topic. Induced for 2 days. I was in labour for few hours. It actually depends on individual very hard to say and tell you how long you will be in labour. Cause mine dilated super slowly i nearly got into c sect…. 😅

2y ago

Very little. 2cm. I only became 3/4cm when the doctor helped me to stretch a bit but it was super painful 🥲😅

VIP Member

Induced at 8am delivered at 12pm. Was already 6cm dilated when in hospital for induce. Was told baby weight was heavy but actually when born only 2.875kg. edited typo on the weight 🤣

2y ago

my 2nd one doc burst waterbag on 4th june 7.30am. dilated 2cm on the 2nd june. wanna push at 12pm but gynae not yet come. nurse ask to hold first. 1233pm baby out. already. quite fast labour.. now bby already 18mths. now currently pregnant 33 weeks.. no. 3. hopefully a smooth and fast one.. oh yeah gynae estimated his weight 3.3kg..say u can push not.. in the end come out only 2.8kg.. wanna scared me so csec better.. coz initially its a lot of water.. that's y heavy.

TapFluencer

i underwent induction last Oct, was at week 38 cos baby not putting on weight. i waited for 17 hours but only dilated 1cm!! ended up in emergency csec

VIP Member

Everyone is different, Dear! Mine took 12hrs and i heard there are people who need days. Hope urs will be a smooth and quick one 😊

VIP Member

All the best mummy! I’m induced and took 12 hours 😅

VIP Member

my first pregnancy, induction took 20+hrs!

I was induced at 39+5, delivered in ~12hrs

2y ago

1-2cm