Hi mummies, do u all remove those clothes tag from the newborn / babies clothes ? I mean those as show in the picture ? Thanks ?

Post image
43 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It depends on your child, if he/she is okay with them then there's no reason to take them off - they serve as good reminders of what size the clothes are if when your LO outgrows it so you can give them away to someone else who needs it for their child :) If your child is sensitive to it, use a picker like what Yi Pei suggested - remove it entirely instead of leaving a small stub!

Read more

Use a picker. Those meant for sewing use one. Snip across in the middle n slowly pick the thread out. Every single tag of my kids clothes will surely be taken out in such way. Even if u just cut across, it's still prickly uncomfortable

Hi! I don't remove tho. But if it's irritating your lo, just remove. But sometimes cutting the tags can be tricky cos they can be even more pokey than the original tag cos we don't cut it cl ably enough. Hehee

we cut it off. some can be real uncomfortable. our clothing comes in batches,( 0 to 3 mths,3 to 6 mths,etc...) jus need to take the photo with phone to remember. not hard

VIP Member

Yes i would remove them, it can cause baby to itch and they don't have the impulse control to stop scratching and could potentially cause skin breaks.

Depends. Some tags that will touch baby then i will remove them.. but tags like uniqlo is usually on the outside, so no need to remove

VIP Member

I never removed them. Won't be able to track which ages (e.g. 9 month old clothes, 12 month old clothes) if I remove them. :p

TapFluencer

I didn’t remove when my Son was a baby and eventually when he was a toddler, I removed the tag because it irritated him

VIP Member

Yes I do every time .. once I accidentally cut the cloth instead of tag :( .. should be lil careful while cutting ..

Not necessary unless (like me) I remove all tags even for bags and toys.. it's just habit for me.