15 Replies

usually they will try tummy scan first before the transvaginal scan. but if youbare sure the fetus is at 8 weeks, a tummy scan should be sufficient. my first scan was at around week 4 so i have to do a transvaginal scan which is just uncomfy but not painful. my next scan at week 8 was a tummy scan. hope this helps!

Usually they will do via transvaginal scan during the first semester as it is more clear. My gynae also checked my cervix length etc as I have history of miscarriage. As baby grows bigger it will be uncomfortable to do it transvaginally therefore they will do tummy scan.

Oh and yes, i had a full bladder when i did my first scan (which was supposed to be ard 6 weeks) so it wasnt clear when doctor scan me transvaginally. But can still see the sac and fetus. Just that the measurements might not be accurate. So just rmbr, transvaginal scan = no full bladder.

It depends on the progress of the pregnancy... for me gynae always did v scan at week 6,8,9,10.. as development was not visible from tummy... in the end my pregnancy discontinued though.

I did my first scan at week 8, and it was a tummy scan. I guess by week 8 should be able to see quite clearly? If not then i heard that there will be vaginal scan.

Yes it will be vaginal scan as baby is too small to be detected from normal ultrasound 😊 it won’t be any much pain don’t worry!

to see clearly thru tummy scan, try to drink more water and hold your pee before the scan. i didnt do that end up needed a vaginal scan

Thanks for the advice! ☺️

Did mine at week 8 and was able to see clearly through tummy scan. It was surreal and amazing by the way. ♡

Mine was tummy scan. Remember to hold your pee before the scan so the dr cn see the baby clearly

TapFluencer

they will do a tummy scan but will do a vaginal scan if they can't see clearly

Week 8 usually still small to observe from abdominal scan... should be vagina

Okay thanks. Quite nervous as a 1st time mum so i didnt know what to expect

Trending Questions

Related Articles