Philips Avent bottle natural

Any mummies out there use Philips Avent natural bottle and baby get nipple confusion? Now my baby refuse to latch and cry very loudly after using bottle for 3 weeks.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

not exactly nipple confusion for me but my LO suddenly refused phillips avent natural after using it for 10 weeks. i was DL and fed ebm with bottle at night. we switched to pigeon bottles and nb teats and she has slowly been taking bottle again. sometimes its the teats because i find the avent ones to be quite hard as compared to pigeon’s. hope your LO has starting latching again!

Read more
4y ago

After this post I tried once again my LO did latch for a good few secs before crying again..I think he feels the flow is slower as compared to bottle 😅 I will train him again haha.. My LO is 7 weeks now also suddenly rejecting avent natural bottle changed 3 teats also dun wan..think because he is in the colic phase now..but yes I am switching bottles soon. My friend also intro me pigeon bottle

I am using bottle fed and also breastfeeding. I notice the same thing when he is super hungry, he dun wan to latch on properly. You can try this if really your baby have nipple confusion.. http://cindyandjana.com/how-to-avoid-nipple-confusion-for-the-breastfed-baby/

4y ago

Thanks mummy!

I am using the same. Not exactly nipple confusion but she has no patience to suck when she is too hungry & end up crying loudly. I believe thats because bottle flow is faster.

4y ago

Noted thanks mummy!

VIP Member

I've used this but no nipple confusion on my baby. I think the milk flow is the problem. My son prefer the faster milk flow from bottle.

4y ago

Haha ok thanks mummy! 🙂

my baby has nipple confusion so i just gave in to bottlefeeding and just ebm. she will cry murder whenever i try to bf her 😣

Nope, LO has been using it natural teat and latching on me when I am at home. No nipple confusion.

TapFluencer

We changed to Spectra and she didn’t have any nipple confusion. She prefers latching than bottle feed.

4y ago

Hi mummy, do u mean the spectra teat that comes with the pump?

VIP Member

Try tommy tippee teets. Its better for baby's nipple confusion.

4y ago

Ok thanks mummy!

TapFluencer

Using this. No nipple confusion as baby still prefers latching.