Is it safe to consume?

Mummies out there! Im at my first trimester now.. got scolded by my friend for consuming sesame seed, durian, gassy drinks and coconut water 😭 what are other foods that i cannot consume? 😭😭

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Thank you everyone for your reply! 🥰 This was my first pregnancy so im abit paranoid and concerned on whatever food and drinks i consumed 😅 got shocked when my friend scolded me for not following all the pantang 🤣 Was told by my sister and sister in law to eat normally. Going for my 2nd checkup in 2 days time! Hope baby is all well and healthy 🤍 Thank you once again mummies for the reply! I felt much better now 🤗

Read more

Congratulations!! Don’t need to worry too much.. your friends are just being concerned. But you need to educate yourself through reliable sources! I tend to rely more on content found on this app and what my doctor says. Everyone’s pregnancy is different and you’ll be hearing a lot of well-intentioned comments. It’s important not to stress!

Read more

I had, pineapple cause craving for it, have my coffee every day, my gassy drinks continue as normal. Only things avoided was the sashimi, alcohol and soft cheeses which will cause harm to bb if consumed. And this my 4th pregnancy at 35 weeks. Listen to the Gynae and yourself not friends and relatives. They can get toooo concerned....

Read more

haha congrats! this app has a function to check what can/cannot be eaten, I'd been conscious about checking it every time I eat something new. Hard no's are - no TCM herbs, alcohol, limit caffeine to 1 cup or lesser, and avoid anything that may have bacteria infect your baby or give you diarrhea (Eg blue cheese, cheap sashimi)

Read more

I eat everything except herbal stuff or papaya/pineapple, raw food! Initial few weeks I was like you, kept checking the app but i feel it gives us more stress. I had to drink gassy drinks too because i hate water, so i drink perrier sparkling water only haha

If u felt ok after consuming them then it’s ok. Each body is different. Just remember to consume in moderation eg: if u had durian this week, give it a one week break before having it again. Coconut water once a week is good to detox ur body.

VIP Member

Anything unsure just check with your gyane instead of listening to others. The rule of thumb given by my gyane is that everything in moderation. He told me if I want to indulge in sashimi, I can do it from reputable sources.

VIP Member

I consumed durian & sesame seed oil, no problem tho. Everything in moderation.. No to pineapple for me, that’s all. I’m not a fan of carbonated drinks so didn’t hv have problem so far. Take care!

haha i think ur friends are concerned, dont worry so much! everyth in moderation is key. good to avoid sweet stuff esp gg to 24th week as there will be a GD test that will determine if u have GDM

Minus alcohol and coffee, raw foods and cold cuts. I eat and drink everything else. Can’t be too picky when I’m purging most of the food out. So if I can keep it down, I’d gladly eat it.