Medisave Maternity Package

Hello mummies, just need some information on Medisave Maternity Package. I found out that we could claim 900 for prenatal delivery. Was wondering if this means I can hold on paying my prenatal bills to make full claim after I give birth?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Please also have hospital plan! Very important. For me, I paid all my pre-natal visits and was going for normal delivery until there were complications during my labour so I had to undergo emergency c-sect. Post-delivery I developed pre-eclampsia (high blood pressure) and was warded for 1 week cause my blood pressure couldn’t go down no matter how hard I try to relax. Baby also had jaundice at my 2nd last day of hospitalisation. My hospital bill was $11,525 (before govt subsidy of $7241) My baby’s was $2052 (before Govt subsidy of $979) Balance I had to topup CASH.. I was so lucky that I had hospitalisation insurance which covered the balance for me. In fact I received my total pre-natal costs ($1177) in cash cheque instead of back into my Medisave and I also received $900 cash cheque for my daily hospital stay. If I had chosen B1 or A ward, I would have gotten more. Haha but I chose B2 ward because firstly being the scaredy-cat I am, I don’t want to stay in a ward alone. 2ndly, I can meet different kind of mothers and see how they handle their babies in a B2 ward. Lol. So all in all, I didn’t pay a single cent at all! 😂 All the best, see a social worker for some advice. ❤️

Read more
8mo ago

what kind of hospitalisation insurance u got? is it the maternity insurance??

Hello! Not sure of other hospitals but I gave birth in Feb at NUH via sub. My husband paid the prenatal bills for the first few appointments (all bills are billed to our address except for the 1st detailed ultrasound which was to be paid by cash/debit/credit) then it's auto claimed via Medisave when he signed the Medisave form during my admission. No need to bring the receipts that was paid. I received an amount back in cheque 8 mths after I gave birth.

Read more
2y ago

Hi this one he signed to use his medisave for delivery or your own medisave to enjoy the medisave maternity package?

TapFluencer

Hi! my social worker told me to not pay anything at all first until i give birth then claim this MMP. Anyway, if youre having financial issues like me bcos only husb is working, you can let your gynae know that you want to see the social worker. they will help you :)

2y ago

yes. only class C they suggest.

need to pay first. i thought i could claim too but they said have to pay full first. which is quite dumb actually. but no choice.

For my case, i still paid everything until i gave birth. After you give birth, submit all the receipts and can claim max 900.

I think you’ll need to pay first then claim later. Because they’ll need the receipts.

2y ago

How was the money reimburse to you? Did you get a cheque or cash after that? I wanted to use medisave but the nurse told me to pay the bills. 🫠 I am now week 17. Really don’t know how this works.