Gripe Water

Hi mummies! My mother in law bought gripe water and insist that I feed it to my 3 week old newborn. Is this advisable? She even insisted that I feed my baby cerelac at 1 month old so that baby won’t be hungry and keep waking up every 2-3 hourly every night. I really don’t wanna give all this to my baby... I really don’t mind waking up at night to feed baby.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

No cerelac please! Solids to be started generally at 6 months old. Some babies may start a bit earlier but the earliest is still 4 months. Gripe water is for colic pain. If baby’s not having that, please don’t give it. Milk is all your baby needs now

TapFluencer

gripe water for what I know is only advisable to give after 4 month old. and solid wise is around 5 to 6 month old. I think you should talk to your mil or bring her to professional let them talk to her

No please don’t feed your LO solid. He’s too young for it. Even gripe water, I suggest you get PD to give you the green light if you want to feed. Please have a talk to your MIL about this.

Does your mil wanna kill your baby? CANNOT feed cerelac at that age. Even the box says for 6 mths babies. And gripe water is used only if baby have colic.

No no dun offer solid to babies below 6 months old . Gripe water is for colic , to be used only when needed

don't give baby solids.. thank her for her concerns and let her know you can manage baby well

just be insistent and tell her no