Baby movement

Hi mummies. Immat 18 weeks going 19 soon. Ive yet to feel any baby movements ? is this normal? Normally at which week will we feel the movement? Also, everytime if i were to layback straight on the bed, my back hurt. Is it normal too?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It’s normal! I’m at 18 weeks and haven’t felt any movements. However I do feel bubbles popping couple of times when I lie down. They say it’s the first few moves. It will gradually grow stronger as the weeks pass. Maybe you missed it? It can be confused with gas as well. Try to lie on your back or sides and relax... you may start to feel mild little “pop pop” in your tummy anytime soon. Also, every pregnancy is different. Some may feel it earlier, some will feel it later. Usually if it’s your 1st pregnancy, you’ll feel it between 16-25 weeks. So don’t worry so much if you’re eating well and taking care of your health. Depends on your built as well, I’m quite a plus size so my baby bump isn’t noticeable at all but just recently realised it’s a little hardened when I press my tummy against the sink while washing dishes. Maybe that’s why I too don’t feel much flutters or movements yet. Back ache will only increase now onwards as our uterus is expanding and pushing our abdomen out and curving our backs to support our growing baby. Usually before I sleep, I’ll ask my husband to press my lower back when I lie sideways, it helps release the knots. Sleep will get more uncomfortable soon so be sure to have enough pillows or get a pregnancy pillow to support your body. Don’t sit or stand for too long as well. Do some yoga stretching to ease the back pain. Sleeping on your left is the best as it gives maximum blood flow and nutrients to the placenta but to be honest, just sleep whichever position that makes you comfortable. Take care!

Read more

I'm at 16 weeks going 17. I relate to the back pain. I guess it's normal. We just need to find a comfortable sleeping position. I also wish to feel my baby move, but none so far. Hang in there. As long as the baby is okay.

VIP Member

I only felt mine >19 wks..u try to lie dwn in a position that u feel better ok.. its normal during pregnancy we feel all kinds of pain frm the growth of the baby

I feel mine at 19 weeks going 20 weeks. Try lying down flat face upwards.

I felt that in near to week 21 last time.. so I guess it is normal..

I start feeling some movements at 20 weeks

I start feeling some movement about 12 weeks

i fee the kick when i am 6 month preggy 😂

I started feeling movement at 20 weeks.

First time mummy normally aft weeks 20