Worried FTM

Hi mummies, I'm a ftm and a pretty young one too - 22yo. I'm worried im not able to cope caring for my LO all by myself! My mother has to work as well as my husband, and I'm left with my MIL. But i don't quite like the way she is n how she keeps doing/saying things as tho she wants to take my child from me (very long story). Should i just put my ego down n close both eyes n let my MIL take care of my LO or should i just take care of her myself? My concern is, sometimes my LO cries a lot when she's not sleeping and ive done everything -burping, changing diaper, feeding. but she still cries... which kind of stresses me n I'm so tired from pumping every 2hours if not I'll have engorgement which is also very uncomfortable.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, it's good to have extra help as it allows you to get some rest. Maybe you can discuss how to split or share the time with baby? Eg you can let your MIL know that you will take care of feeding and bathing baby, baby can then spend some time with both of you before she helps you put her to bed? If baby is newborn, let her know that DOC advises baby has to be near you for breastfeeding purposes and is beneficial for her development. Excessive crying in babies might be due to colic esp during their first 3 months. Maybe you can try a simple massage routine for your lo? Steps found in this link : https://www.google.com/amp/s/sg.theasianparent.com/tummy-massage-for-colic-and-constipation/amp However do check with your doc during the next follow up if there is any cause for concern. Hope things get better :)

Read more