Feeling stretched at 2nd trimester

Hi Mummies, Im about 6mths now, and i feel pain on the tummy like as if my skin being pull n stretch. I understand that it could be that baby is growing but the pain honestly felt like as thou my tummy gonna burst! Im also starting to not be able to sleep well these days 🫤

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

That's me 2 months ago (im 6 months now too)~ As I'm short and petite, my belly looks larger than normal and it's very uncomfortable to sleep! No matter what position I sleep in, it isn't comfortable, stomach is too heavy and stretched if I lay on either side but I can't sleep on my back either. So I took lots of pillows and stacked them behind so I can sleep sitting up. (like 45 degrees) I find this the most comfortable position which I can stay for the longest period of time. Try to experiment which is the most comfortable position for you, (sometimes you might like a harder bed-maybe your sofa, or a rougher bedsheets, or just a bolster between your legs can relieve quite a bit) Also I find wearing pregnancy dresses isn't as comfortable as just wearing normal skirt or loose pants where it will slightly "carry" your tummy so it won't be as tight. If it gets too tight, maybe you can get a pregnancy belt, the one which can sling onto your shoulders. Maybe also check if it's your bra that is too tight. I find that getting a looser bra actually helps a lot.

Read more

I felt that too around 5 to 6 months. I got a pregnancy belt and it helped somehow. Now the stretched feeling is gone and I haven't been using the belt. Maybe will use it again during 3rd trimester.

It might be your ligaments getting stretched due to growing uterus and baby. Try some stretching workouts or yoga poses. Make sure you don’t make sudden movements esp while sleeping etc.

Yeshhh im @ 6 months now feeling the exact same feeling! Like my skin’s gonna tear and burst. Esp after eating

11mo ago

Right!! it feels pain down there too like on n off. and my appt will only be in 2 days time. Hopefully its just due to the stretched sensation!