About to faint!

Hi mummies, I’m 16 weeks 5 days long today and for the first time, when i took the bus to work just now, while standing, I felt dizzy at first and slowly, my vision started to reduced and soon i was about to faint. I quickly squat down and started coughing. Has anyone experienced these fainting spells before and how to prevent it from happening again?:(

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes happened to me before at week 16 too.. my vission just blurred and i feel so giddy. I had to ask water from the mrt staff and after i drank the water i feel much better.. so now i am carrying a water bottle with me whenever im out, and to have a medicated oil in my bag too just in case

Super Mum

Yes, i did a few times. When i felt it coming i quickly sat down and rest for a bit. Try to have someone offer up their seats to you if you are really feeling unwell (i know, I've never been offered throughout my pregnancy). I got off the train at the following stop for a sit

4y ago

Thank you for the advice❤️

VIP Member

I did. I was also sweating like hell then. My gynae said it is due to low sugar level and the blood flowing to womb. He asked me to lower down my head to below heart level to let blood flows to the head. If possible, sit down and rest. Take care!

Super Mum

You better inform your gynae and get it checked. Don’t take fainting lightly

If you get this frequently, better talk to your gynae

VIP Member

Do consult your gynaecologist asap take care!

VIP Member

Take care and hope u get a seat.