Confinement Nanny

Hi Mummies! I read that we need to book the confinement nanny early. I’m due in Aug. I am at a loss to whether or not to engage one cos of the limited space at my in-laws’. Would getting a confinement nanny really be necessary/helpful?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

To me, yes, I would prefer confinement nanny who is experienced in caring for baby and knows what food to cook for me, to help me out than my mil who offered to help then. Thankful I didn't agree to mil helping as there were many differences in how the baby should be cared for and she made lots of comments about the smell of confinement bathing herbs, herbal soups and food (so I couldn't imagine how she would have cooked with them). Also, I would feel awkward if I need my mum or mil to do the laundry (esp if stained) for me. So I am happy I went ahead with 3 different confinement nannies for the 3 kids, for my own sanity and prevention of post-natal blues. For your case, if space is a constraint, then maybe catering confinement food would help ease your own load and your in law can help with caring of baby and boiling of bathing herbs.

Read more