Wants to stop breastfeeding🥺

Hi mummies i plan to stop pumping and bf, i still have frozen bm in the freezer. I’d like to stop at 1.5 months as it has affected me mentally and physically , i believe if my well being is healthy then i can take care of baby better. I have no one to help me to take care bb hence i have to do it myself most of the time. Husb wfo everyday. She is currently on mixed feeding FM and BM Question is 1. What is the best way to switch her from mixed feeding to fully FM? 2. Will she have constipation if she is full FM? 3. As i still have some milk in the freezer, isit better to give her BM once a day then give formula for rest of feeding? Am not sure if still have the benefit to give her BM once a day or better to finish the BM first before switch to FM? 4. How do it stop my own breast milk? I tried to drag the pumping session but ended up with engrossed instead😭

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

dont be stressed! its okay to stop, your mental health is more important. you can mix BM and FM first for baby to familiarise with the FM. then gradually increase the ratio of FM till its fully FM. no, i dont think it will cause constipation. to stop breast milk production, you might need to take medication or u can put cold cabbage for temporary measure for now

Read more

If im not mistaken if you plan to stop bf, can ask doc for medication