To go back to work now or later

Hello mummies, I would like to hear your opinions. I am a FTM and prior to this i was working full time. I came back from my maternity leave in March and served my notice period and left work end April this year. I was very sure that i wanted to be a SAHM until my girl turns 18 months or earliest until she turns 1 so i am able to watch her milestones before sending her to school. Currently my girl is 7 months + and i have been offered a part time job, 3 days work week 8:30am to 6pm on weekdays only (Mon, Tues, Fri) for 6 months. I am in a dilemma as i'm not 100% sure if i should take up this part time role now or should i wait at least until my girl turns 1. I have my own personal development in mind but at the same time i also feel guilty of leaving my child for work. My concern is that will it be difficult to find a job if i go back to workforce later on with 6mnths to a year gap in my career? Financial wise is not an issue as my hubby is supportive to whichever decision i make. I do have arrangement for my child to be taken care as well if i were to go back to work.

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hmm honestly, if finance is not an issue, i would stay home until the desired age of my child.