How long formula milk last once drink

Hi mummies i have question regards to formula milk. Once made, can leave 2 hours if untouched, 1 hr once drink bt never finish. Cs sometimes baby cry then when i make milk alr he suddenly sleep or etc. By 1 hr, if it exceed the 2hr time period ? Eg i make milk 1pm but baby only drank at 230pm, and didnt finish. Will the milk only last till 3pm or 330pm ? Is it max 2hrs after making the milk (3pm) or 1hr after start drink(330pm)?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

FM milk by right lasts for 2 hours. But I usually feed baby within 1 hour because it will become cold and not fresh anymore. once touched, at most last 1 hour then must pour away. if you make milk at 1pm, baby drink at 2.30pm, personally I feel it's already quite late and should finish the milk or discard it. you should consider the timing passed after making the milk, not after baby first drink it. there are many cons to drinking cold milk unless you reheat it. I believe reheating causes the loss of nutrients in the formula. besides, leaving milk unfinished encourages the growth of bacteria because the air has germs too

Read more

Should be from when the milk is made so 3pm. If you make and baby starts drinking immediately then 1 hour from that time