idk what to do

hello mummies , i have a 2yo nephew and i feel he isn’t properly taken care of. my sil is from china , so all these while we just thought that it’s different cultures and different style of handling kids but i feel like it’s getting worst. she would allow him to roam around the kitchen , even when something is cooking. or let him play around her or stand infront of her (on a stool) when she’s cutting vegetable. before his bath time she will leave him in the toilet , alone , playing with water and soap. there’s also a lot of times she will leave him unsupervised. there’s even a few time we caught him playing with choking hazard item such as coins , screw ect many times i see him playing alone in the living room with nobody watching over him. she will also allow him to play with brooms and mops ?? i’m not exactly on good terms with her so i can’t advice anything and she doesn’t take in advice from my parents , she will just brush it off with it’s ok but i rlly don’t think it’s ok ?!!! there was once he fell off the bed and got a rlly big and deep cut on his nose & she doesn’t even know how he fell or what caused the injury , after that she didn’t bring him to see a doctor either :/ do y’all have any suggestion on what i can do ??? also am i overthinking ?? is all these rlly “fine” ?? someone pls advice 🥺

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

it's not ok for me. but that's how they raise their child. it's their culture and style. you're not exactly on good term if you poke in she might tell you it's my son why you bother so much. best is have a talk with your brother.

3y ago

however he isn’t very involved when in comes to taking care of kids , he is also seldom home

Super Mum

Maybe you want to talk to her or your brother. If not, see if she is open to enrol for some parent craft lessons