Next scan in 8 weeks

Hi Mummies! I had my 12 weeks scan 2 days ago. So grateful that all is good. Baby is active tossing here and there. But, my next scan is at 20 weeks, in April, which is 8 weeks away. Is it normal? I have a Dr appointment at 16 weeks, but no scan being scheduled. Will everything be okay by then? Do any mummies go for a scan elsewhere like private clinic just for a peace of mind? Or am I just being paranoid for worrying too much?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Are you under KKH? I have similar arrangements with you where the FTS scan is at week 13 and the next detailed scan is at week 20. There is a doc appointment for me at week 15 and I wonder if the doc clinic will have the machine for a quick scan. Not sure if other mummies have similar arrangement?

2mo ago

I'm with NUH. And i am still under a team of doctors, and they do not have any machine scan in the rooms. Can only select my preferred gynae after my next appointment.

Wow 8 weeks do seem so far away. You may want to consider going for ultrascan at a gynae in your heartland / neighbourhood. Usually an ultrascan is about $80+, but need to also pay for doc’s consultation, which may be around $100+ for first visit.

3mo ago

That's what I thought so too. Thank you for taking the time to reply. I'll probably go for a scan at 16 weeks at a private gynae clinic.

my sister couldn't wait for the appointment in KKH, so she went to JB for scan. waaaaay cheaper. i think it cost her around 100rm for the 4D scan

VIP Member

Its normal. Inhad my 12 weeks scan today. Next scan appt is in april ahahah. But likely I will go private for a scan in March xD

normally doc will do a scan in clinic during consultation

2mo ago

NUH scan is at a different room. At fetal scan centre. Within the Jade clinic, there is no scan machine.