HELP!! I am so paranoidd

Hi mummies. I just delivered. But my leg water retention is much more bigger then when i was pregnant. I delivered 3 days ago. HELP!! WHAT SHOULD I DO? Its very hard to walk to send my daughter to poly check up etc.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It’s normal to be swelling even after birth. Just use compression socks and ironically, you have to drink plenty of water to flush out all the water retention. It gets much better after a week. If you can elevate your legs, do it as high as possible. Like against the bed frame. And do post-natal massage too if you can already.

Read more
VIP Member

It will go away but hydrate, lift your legs and compression stocking.. If yours is natural birth, can consider post natal massage. If C sect have to wait for wound to heal then can do massage on your abdomen ya. If you are still worried, call your Gynae and check. 😊Or when you go polyclinic ask the nurses/doc.

Read more
TapFluencer

More water and hydrate, lift your leg up whenever you can. Have a good rest during confinement. Lastly massage to help reduce water retention

it’s normal, same for lots of mummies. but don’t worry it will go away after 1 week or so. be sure to stay very hydrated!

VIP Member

you can try to put a pillow under your leg while sleeping... it did helps during my confinement time

Hi, stay hydrated and cut down on salt. Compression socks will help as well

Drink red bean soup and do massage. It’ll go away in a week.

VIP Member

Lift up your legs it helps reduce swelling