feet swelling post delivery

Hi mommies..I just delivered my baby 4days back. Got swelling on my feet and heavy leg pain. What should I do for that..pls help me out..I can only sit on chair for feeding. That time the pain is severe

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Pap I did not have any swelling during preg but had swelling post delivery. Was told by gynae to prop up my legs. I wore compression socks at night as well. Was told by my mother in law only can drink red dates tea and should not drink plain water. Within 1 week, my swelling went away but mine was not as severe as yours...

Read more

normal. had mine lasted for 2-3weeks and subsided. i cant even lift up my legs lol never been that heavy, even during pregnancy i didng swell that much. just dont drink cold drinks. but drink alot of water and pee!! to counteracts the swell. take care mummy ❤️😘

Post reply image

That happened to me after post c sect due to water retention. No cold drinks at all for my entire confinement period and compression socks. Also walk a bit and do post natal massage.

Yeap, i was just like you too. It went away gradually after 2 weeks or so. In the meantime, wear socks all the time, prop legs up when sitting or lying down on the bed. Take care...

Refrain from all cold drinks for at least a month, get hubby to help gently massage ur feet or use feet massager if have.

VIP Member

Mine also swelling only after delivery. Resolved 2 weeks later. Had bad hives also . Never had hives in my life

Wear thick or compression socks if u have. Swelling will go down in 1-2 days time. It did for me.

VIP Member

Don't drink cold drinks. Best if your partner or anyone can help massage your legs and feet.

VIP Member

My swelling went away after delivery but i developed bad allergy for weeks thereafter.

VIP Member

I had that too, resolved by itself within the first week.