No appetite - help pls!

Hi mummies to be, i am just on my 6wk. I went to check up last week as i had brown spotting and felt sharp light pain on my right abdomen. Found that i had a polyp on my cervix and was given Duphaston pills. Im not sure if it is the side effect of the pills but it has been a week now and i have no appetite to eat. I do feel hungry now and then but i feel quesy and nauseous when i think of eating. Even the smell of food makes me nauseous. So i have not had a proper meal for a few days and i am quite worried as i am not giving enough nutrition to my body. Anyone else has went through the same?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

the gynae told me duphaston increases the side effect like nausea for some ppl, which it did for me. even walking made me sick at times. I found eating dry stuff with no smell the best, so I ate cereal dry and some bread, took alot of fruits for nutrients. try not to let yourself feel too hungry or too full. so break your meals into bites every other hour e.g I broke a banana into 3 and ate 1 portion every hour. it got really better after I stopped the pills. so hang in there!!

Read more