Hi all mummies, Have anyone of you tried the lactation cookies? How was it? Does it really help in the supply of liquid gold? What is the recommended brand of cookies?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think it depends on each individual. Just like how some people have no issues with supply whilst some have. For me, my supply has been fine. One day when I was really sick and had to see the doc, I was prescribed with a cough syrup that significantly reduced milk production. (already informed doc i was bf-ing...) Boy was I panicking! I couldn't pump much in the office and breasts didn't feel full nor heavy. I had Milk Maker's oatmeal raisin and stopped my cough syrup after some research and thank goodness, my supply came back. So yes it did help. However Milk Makers' lactation cookies had this taste and smell that is not too my liking. each cookie is humongous and to me, quite unbearable to finish one. After finishing 2 whole bags of a total of 20 huge cookies.. I tried SLB like what a mommy sugg above. The cookies and muffins are yummy, albeit muffins being very pricey. I am not a very hardworking pumper at the office but i managed to sustain. So i think SLB cookies helped. They are smaller bite size cookies which are not overly sweet yet yummy. :)

Read more

I feel that the increase is there but not that significant for me to get the cookies again. Besides these cookies are quite expensive , heaty and a lot of calories so I will not want to depend on them to increase supply. I find that eating rolled oats gave me more supply and it is way healthier plus cheap. Fenugreek is another thing which can aid supply. If you have time and like baking can try baking the cookies on your own, there are many recipes out there. The key ingredients in lactation cookies which make it work are Brewer's yeast, flaxseed meal, oats, virgin coconut oil http://www.bellybelly.com.au/breastfeeding/lactation-cookies/

Read more

Not for me. Milk boosters is very individual. What works for you may not work for another person. You will need to trial and error to see what works best for you. Besides lactation cookies you may want to increase your liquid intake daily as it is essential for milk production. Boil some fish bone papaya soup or salmon bones soup for the family - nutritous yet at the same time suppose to boost your milk supply. As for lactation cookies, I find slb (slb.sg) cookies pretty delicious

Read more

I have milk makers lactation cookies before and it worked for me, but only slight increase in supply. Every body is different and thus will respond differently so u have to try it urself to find out if it works for u. On the same note, t also means all brands are recommended and u can even go for brownies, bake urself or get those that other people bake kind. Taste wise - It just taste like a normal cookie or brownie. No harm just trying. If it doesn't work, just eat as snack lor

Read more

For me it doesn't. In fact nothing boost my milk ss. So it actually a trial n error thing. Just try n try diff types of food. I know of someone whose booster is abalone though it's an expensive one

Hi! Yes, I took lactation cookies. I feel it really increases my milk supply. My sister bakes it for me.