Curious Momma To Be

Mummies, do you guys like bend down alot? I mean, doing housechores that sort of stuff. If you wanna throw rubbish and maybe clean the cat litter and so, it is safe to do all these right? I bend a lot so was abit worried. I dont experiencing any cramps at the moment. But are we advisable? I'm ending second trimester soon!

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can do any kind of chores in moderation, as Long as it does not hurt you or make you uncomfortable. Try not to carry heavy stuffs as well as it may affect the placenta. Do not clean the cat litter. Get someone else to clean it for you. Got to agree with Anonymous, it contains parasite that can be passed on to your baby when accidentally inhaled. Ever since I found out about this, my mother helped to clear our cat litter. If there is no one else to help you, please make sure you wear a mask and immediately wash your hands after clearing the litter. Do not take for granted that short 5 seconds of clearing the litter box. This is very important to take note. Every person has different anti-bodies so clearing cat litter while pregnant might not have any effect on them but you never know what kind of effect your body will produce.

Read more

I think it's okay to bend down as long you're bending down the correct way. But no, cleaning the cat litter while you're pregnant is not okay. Cat litters can contain a parasite which is dangerous for pregnant women as it can pass to your unborn baby. Ask someone else to help you with the cat litter. Do a lot of squats when you're already in full term like 37 weeks above. It helps your cervix to dilate and make labour smooth.

Read more

am 30 weeks pregnant but due to my small baby bump i tend to bend more than squat, got quite worried since i realised that it has been my habit. i feel uncomfortable to squat like throughout my whole years of living, so now i try to bend lightly while holding my tummy like so i know i shouldnt bend too much or bend sideway.

Read more

I'm in Week 36 and I only do light housework like laundry and cooking. It's hard to reach the bottom of the laundry basket now though. Can't really bend since the tummy is too big.

I work with children so have to keep moving and bending and even dancing =). but gets really tired after that..

VIP Member

I think don't over do it as your tummy is getting bigger and your back might hurt after a long time

Dont bend but do squats instead! Try not to do heavy housework for now. 💪🏼

VIP Member

It depends on how you feel. I still do all housework till about 34 weeks.

TapFluencer

please squat instead of bending down, protect your back!