Low lying placenta

Any mummies got low lying placenta? Currentlu 32 weeks preggy. Dr informed that i have got low lying placenta. Was admitted for 1 night to observe, steroids was injected to strengthen baby lungs (incase preterm). Any mummies got similar experience? #firstbaby #advicepls

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! I'm 33 weeks preggy, found out I've got low lying placenta in Week 16 (or was it 20). When did you find out? Mm I didn't have such experience. Gynae just reminds me at every scan to not have sex, not exercise, and to monitor for bleeding (thankfully so far so good!). I was quite affected, cos gynae said natural birth will be unlikely cos of the low placenta. Cried after every gynae visit haha. At my 31st week scan I finally came to terms with it and stopped crying.

Read more
3y ago

hi. no it didn't. so i had to do csect at week 38. but it's okay, I realize later that what matters is my baby girl arrived safely and healthily! 😊 Just a little bummed out that I didn't get to experience natural delivery.

VIP Member

Im with Kkh, i was told mine was low at wk20 already... But Dr didn't seemed to be alarmed or anything when i saw her on wk24. Then saw Dr on wk28 and was told to see her again at wk30 (which is next Tuesday)... I dunno what to expect either. I don't have any bleeding or spotting but i don't exercise now cos I feel v heavy at the below region. Anyway I googled it seems that mummies of this condition usually have to c-sec...

Read more
3y ago

Yap i have got low lying placenta since week 22 now week 32 placenta still low.. 😂 No exercise for mi too... Currently on HL cos i have got 1 ep of brownish discharge...

Today doc told me in my week 19 that I have low lying placenta. And to wait till week 32 if the position of it moves. Gave me 2 weeks of HL. I did have an episode of bleeding last week, hence they stopped my aspirin and put me on utrogestan. I’m little upset with this news, and looking for positive stories with similar experience.

Read more
3y ago

Have your bleeding stop? 7th day on bed rest still having some bleeding….. in need of positive vibes