induce.

Any mummies here got induced at 38 weeks? I am a little paranoid if it is a risky decision. ?Pls share with me how your induction went. TYA!

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Got induced at 37 weeks plus for my first pregnancy due to baby weight, as recommended by gynae. The contractions comes more frequently and labour pain more intense than natural labour. Overall it is still a safe and manageable process. First pregnancy labour duration is likely to be longer. Go for epidural if ur pain tolerance level is low.

Read more

Hi, I got induced at 40 weeks 2 days. Was 0cm dilated when admitted, labour took me 8 hours. I walked around and did lots of squats while waiting. Used both laughing gas and epidural. According to the nurses, mine progress is fast!

6mo ago

u were allowed to walk around, even with the CTG strapped? may I knw if ur induction is the pill inserted one or oxytocin drip?

Super Mum

I induced but didnt progress (max out hormones drip and e pill) and ended up with csect. Its sad tht iol is no guarantee for vaginal labour. 😔 Wish someone had told me tht. All e best to you!

I was induced at 38 weeks for both my pregnancies. 1st took 23hours, 2nd took 4 hours.. the pain though 😱😱😱😱😩😩😩😩😅 i didn't use epidural

VIP Member

Hi! I was induced at 40 weeks, after waiting it out and still no baby.. is there any specific reason as to why you're planning it at 38 weeks?

VIP Member

I got induced at 37 weeks sharp. It's normal, only that it's harder in labor as it's not naturally their due date but everything went smooth

VIP Member

I was induced at 36th n 37th wk previously.. Took a longg time.. >12 hrs.. Things only sped up after i was on epi

5y ago

End up natural or csect?

TapFluencer

I was induced at 39 weeks. It was quite controlled so little risk there.

I know people who got induced at 37th week. Daughter born very healthy!

VIP Member

Risk wise should be low as you will be monitored in hospital