Induce baby

Hi Mummies,i have a question here. Im gg to 38 weeks and my baby weight is 3.46. Doc say if by next week baby never comes out have to induce. Has any mummies go through induce how is it like n hows the procedure....I want a normal delivery n not by induce or c sect....pls help me #pleasehelp #advicepls #pregnancy !!!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The reason why the gynae ask u to induce is bcos the baby is big size. Scared of growing even bigger if not delivered soon or May have shoulder dislocate when doing natural birth etc. I had my baby induce bcos of pre eclampsia. They will insert a medicine through your vagina and you can go on with your day. The contraction will come in later. Some will ask the mummy to go home and ward in when the contraction comes. For me, the contraction come in the evening & I deliver at 1am (I induce at 10am). However, u need to bear in mind that there’s a chance that induce May fail (ie: couldn’t dilate to 10cm) and you may end up in emergency csect. Speak with your gynae and ask for opinion. Whatever the method of delivery, all it matters is to deliver the child safely. The rest is secondary. Isn’t it?

Read more
VIP Member

Hello. Did doctor say why do you have to induce ? Is it due to baby’s weight or is yours or baby health at risk? If none, I would wait for my baby to be ready. Inducing will be super painful and it’s not exactly a good thing for baby. Unless no choice. My gynae break my water bag when I was about 5cm dilation to speed up the process and honestly the pain was crazy but still bearable. I did not opt for epidural and I gave birth to 3.4kg baby on 40+2. So my baby was overdue. You may want to check with your gynae if it’s ok for you to wait for a little while. Hugs! I hope you have a smooth and safe delivery!

Read more
3y ago

Oh okie. Prolly you’re small size mama. I hope by next week you’ll go into labour naturally!! Pray pray!

Hi there ! i think why your doctor told you that you have to induce is maybe due to your baby's weight .. Because for some mummies, when their baby is too big, they hv difficulty pushing baby out and ends up need to do emergency C-sect .. Butttt, we all know babies weight in ultrasound is not accurate, its +/- 500gram .. So mummy, whichever your decision is later whether to induce or not, just go in to the labour room with an open mind bcos things might not go as how we plan it to be. Labour and birth is different for everyone. I wish u all the best mummy !

Read more

you can discuss with your doctor again if you don't want to induce. if you're thinking about natural, induced delivery is still considered natural. I gave birth thru induced delivery, with epidural cos I'm afraid of pain :D. it went well :)