Hours in labour

Hi Mummies, any first time mum here? Can share how many hours did you guys spend inside the delivery suite and in which week does ur little ones popped out ? As im a first time mum and i felt nervous and cant wait for that moment to come. Hehehe.

65 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don't be nervous but excitement for the joy.. I delivered my daughter with 3 pushed only at 35 weeks due to water broke. Followed instructions from the midwife instead of gyne which I didn't opt for from the start. Less than 2 hours in delivery suite + 2 hours of labour pain at home and in cab😅😖. Wanted a epidural but too late only natural birth. Super smooth. The trick is, when you are fully opened cervix and when there's pain push. 1st push: crowning, 2nd push: baby shoulders, 3rd push: all the way and baby out! That took me 20 mins in total for these 3 stages. Supernatural childbirth I can say. You can do it!🥰

Read more
VIP Member

First want 40 weeks plus 2 days pain for nearly 48hrs than emergency c- set, baby head too big weight at 3.8kg 52 cm long Second want 35 weeks plus 5 days , sudden bleeding, went labour ward and wait to nearly 24 hours to deliver but i the end oso c set as doc say the first want oso c set , so the second want oso c set, if planning to have the third want oso need to c set

Read more

40w + 2d, 15 hrs of contractions at home + 16 hrs in delivery suite :) For me pushing was the most enjoyable part haha. Everyone’s different so savour the experience!

39 wks 5 days. 12 hours labour since start of contractions but around 10 hours in delivery suite with additional rest of 2 hours to check whether u are okay or not

VIP Member

1st baby 39 weeks - 6 hours of labour without epi 2nd baby 39+6 weeks 6 hours with epi Both hours spent includes the start of contraction till delivered.

Read more
VIP Member

39 weeks + 4 days. In labour for 15 hours! Almost had to c sect because my waterbag broke since 9am previous day. Dont worry so much! You will be fine.

38.5 weeks. Mucus plug dropped at 4pm plus. Went hospital, asked to go home for nice dinner. Went back at 10pm, gave birth at 8am/9am next day.

39+1 week I was 3cm dilated with bleeding but no contractions. Spent 10 hours in delivery suite. Took less than ½ hour to push my baby out.

39 weeks (2days earlier than edd) Induced and 10 hrs of labour. But only started pushing for an hr before baby comes out, natural birth.

39+3days got Induced with a tablet plus oxytocin drips. First time here too and I spend about 4 hours in delivery suite.