Hello mummies! This will be my first time bringing my little one out for a dinner event. She is mainly DL and she is only able to nurse in my own room and on my bed, can't nurse in peace elsewhere even within my bedroom on a chair. I've never tried nursing in public or using the nursing rooms before (don't think there's any nursing room near my dinner venue as well). So I intend to express bm in advance and feed her via bottle later. If I were to pump in the afternoon and store the bm in the fridge till evening, how long can I keep the bm outdoors without any cooler bag, i.e. Just store the ebm in a thermal bag and feed when required? If the milk is still cold, do I need to warm it first or can I feed it cold? Alternatively, if I were to pump just before I leave home, how long can I keep the bm outdoors? Thanks.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Milk outdoors (25 degrees) is 4hrs so if not in aircon places or u not keeping the milk cold/cool then u have to use it asap, 2-3hrs. So from fridge (usually abt 3 degrees) - perhaps u can add an additional 30min to the time Put it in thermal bag with ice pack. If u need additional ice along the way, just ask from the waiter (put in a plastic bag) or get from food court. Need to give baby slightly warm milk

Read more