Hi mummies, do you feel you are at 'losing end' being a FTWM? Will your company prefer giving promotion opportunities to the singles instead?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was a FTWM and finally threw in white flag .. talked to boss to allow me to take 1 year no pay leave to care for my children. Family is my priority and I'll never exchange anything for that . Of course compared to the singles who can give their all to work, boss will look at them with approval and us FTWM in disapproval ... when our kids fell sick, we need to take childcare leave to care for them . But boss will take it as a minus point on our side ... promotion .. I won't even think about it Cos boss will always give to those who can put work as top priority

Read more

Imho, it all depends. On a day to day basis, if the mum takes frequently urgent leave due to child matters then i would say Yes she is on the losing end . Im 1 lucky mum that my kids were fuss free and my previous helper was good in handling and taking care when they had the occasional fevers

I have heard that many full time working mums are neglected and not taken care of, as they put their families first. Compared to the singles who prioritise work. After all we have a family, our priorities are different.

Yes I did, and in fact the men were favoured. It felt awfully awful but i couldn't do anything about it. I left because of the unfairness. Although discrimination is discouraged, it still happens in reality.

Yes mine will. Mummies are put in freezer or cold storage during promotion as they put family 1st and not their job 1st. That's how some companies feel la.