Going JB with newborn

Any mummies ever went to JB with their newborn and how is it ? Especially during jam. Thought of going to stock up baby stuff but a little scared esp the long jam.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

my husband and I brought our baby to JB at 3 months old twice so far. We drove in and spent most of our time at Mid valley southkey mall which is very baby friendly. shopping mall has lots of baby shops and shops are generally spacious with lots of room for stroller. we brought both stroller and baby carrier as well as lots of diapers, spare clothes, milk. The top floor has a huge nursing area with nursing rooms, diaper changing counters, hot water etc. so far we always go on weekdays and only if there looks to be little jam. we head in earlier around 7 8 am where there is little traffic going into msia and aim to come out around 3 to 4pm before evening jam starts. in the case you are stuck in long jam.. it is inevitable that baby might keep crying. just have to stay calm and tahan it.. (we had to bear with his crying for 1 hour plus when stuck in a jam during our first trip.. not much you can do when baby keep crying when car not moving...). our carseat can be rotated and i find that rotating it helps abit during jam to let baby feel that he is "moving". prices wise actually other than baby clothes and milk powder, most things can be cheaper if buying online (shopee/lazada) so we actually don't buy alot baby stuff in msia. milk powder we also end up buying in sg because the manufacturer and taste is different and baby might reject.

Read more

I went to jb with my bb at 4 weeks old onwards for quite a number of trips by car. First trip was haywire cause not use to changing of diapers in car considering the rear seat is not flat but tilted at a certain angle plus tight space considering I have a Doona Car seat stroller. We changed the diapers in the boot before leaving for the customs and stuck in the jam for approx 2 hours. Fed bb during the jam and manage changed her diapers in the tight space. I’ve since bought some elevated cushions to achieve a flat surface have not tried it so far. Will update if it’s good on next trip/occasion.

Read more

Havent done so but was planning to. If going on on car i think its okay as u can sway and latch and evrything in the car. But if public id take the train to jb as its shorter and the queue for immigration is shorter too

I won’t want my baby that young to get stuck in a jam. I will get my husband to buy those stuff.