Singapore baby born in jb

Any idea how long it takes and relevant procedures to apply for Singapore citizenship and passport for baby born in jb? Singaporean daddy and SPR mummy looking to delivery in JB private hospital and do confinement JB…

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi! I had ever find out before was thinking doing the same as what u did. I called up the Singapore embassy at msia. Thy told me that baby born in msia, and mom is msian, the baby will auto be msian. After that u apply for baby to be sg citizen. But it also depends on the approval. How long will it take, is not sure. If can’t get, den got to repeated apply. I find it troublesome and also not sure will thy disapprove. So I jus drop the idea of it. Another way is my friend did this. She give birth in sg. But do confinement in jb. To get the baby passport is fast.

Read more
5mo ago

which centre did your friend go? was it good n how much?

ICA website says up to 2 months for processing, my daughter was just born in Batam 2 weeks ago. My wife is Indonesia with SPR, I m Singaporean. I haven’t submitted my documents because we still haven’t taken photo of her, been too busy taking care of her to get it done. Hopefully the process is smooth 😅

Read more

yeah my friend too. the moment the baby born. they snap passport photo w phone and dad went ica to process passport. provided the names all are settled cuz some people they need the fengshui master's input 🤣 she went to JB on 2nd week. stayed for 4 weeks rM16k. shiok.

5mo ago

which centre is this? can recommend?

subject to ICA approval even though your hubby might be Singaporean