Confinement

To mummies doing confinement now, do y’all really not touch water at all? How to not touch water after using toilet or washing face or brushing teeth? And do y’all really not drink water at all?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I shower my body once every day (needed to keep my wound clean as well), hair every week once. I drank red dates tea for 2 weeks but I couldn’t seem to quench my thirst… I couldn’t take it and started drinking water at the 3rd week. For showering I always shower at 40-41 degrees (I’m used to hot water hence no difference for me during confinement) & only drank warm water. Waterrrrr is very important, especially if you’re breastfeeding! First day of drinking water my supply went up by at least 60ML even my husband was amazed because he saw how I was struggling to increase my supply. My gynae also asked me not to do confinement when I went back for review check up. 😂

Read more

I aint the type for old wives tale and confinement myths that defy common sense - including "not touching water".. does that even make sense? may as well ask me to die? like the other poster, I had no help during confinement, just me & husband & baby, so how not to touch water?? who gona wash the bottles & dishes & laundry?? bath the baby? I showered everyday, drank tons of water for breastmilk supply..those confinement food so heaty, can dun drink water?? faster fall sick maybe... I'm still alive, & well, my kid's 3 now & 30wks preggers... my advice? if in doubt, always consult ur obgyn... not some hearsay whatever...

Read more

i just avoid washing stuff (eg breast pump, dishes), leave it to somebody else to help you, if i ever wet my hands from washing and bathing, i make sure i dry them properly, this applies to other parts of body. my TCM physician also advised to use hair dryer to dry my hands, this is to avoid moist and prevent it from entering your joints. worked well for me last month 😉 as for drinks, red dates longan drink and anything oat/milo for a month. water can drink but need to be warm water..not too much though (one day one cup), the rest red dates longan. take care!

Read more

I was instructed the same but I still drank water other than longan red date tea and take daily showers. I wash what I need to wash too. I think the old wives tales mean well, but the root of it is likely to prevent a cold? It makes sense because sneezing or coughing after giving birth will hurt and since pelvic floor is stretched and weakened, might lead to prolapse. However, not touching water and only drinking longan red date tea is quite extreme in my opinion 😅

Read more

Hi. Just completed my confinement yesterday! During the span of my confinement I avoided washing as much as possible, leave laundry, washing of breast pump and dishes to my hubby. I drank longan water but it didn't quench my thirst at all so after 1 week I started to drink water but minimised to 2-3 glasses only (had to drink behind my grandma's back haha) I showered almost daily too after 2 weeks but make sure to dry well 🫠

Read more
TapFluencer

live as per normal I didn't engage CN for my 2nd confinement, no helper no parent no in-law, I do all washing myself. just make sure dry it after every wash I drank water and red date from Confinement Tingkat cannot don't drink water, red dates water alone can be very heaty

Read more

am 22 weeks pregnant now and have decided since many years ago not to follow any old wives tale and confinement myths as 2 other replies in this thread has said. enough research and consultation with gynae will show all this has no scientific base.

Not really cannot touch water, you can still use herb bath and Longan water, both can be easily attained by going to Chinese medicine branches. just say doing confinement they will give a package catalogue and some advice.

I drank hot/ warm water. showered every day using the herb bath. as for washing face and brushing teeth, I used warm water too.

nanny will boil water for me to use. I try to use only boiled water. drank mainly longan red date tea and milo