Postpartum Rash

Hi mummies, does anyone experience postpartum rash? How long do the rashes last? I have it on my thigh, butt, and stomach ): it’s very itchy.

Postpartum Rash
3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have it too and I give birth in Feb. So it has been two months. I took steroid jab, stop BF for few days and took medication with cream. No steroid cream given or requested. I had to take the jab because it is so bad. I have it on thighs, calves, ankle and shin area. If it is hot weather much more worse. Previously took clarityn but I took it when necessary for non drowsy.

Read more
12mo ago

I consult dr and he thought I had eczema or hives or allergy but none of those. I ask him could it be PP rashes after birth. He said maybe/maybe not. Because atleast 20% to 30% of us do not know the sudden rash we have.

Hello Jasmine, i had it too. The itch was unbearable and no mummies i know had it. The rashes lasted for about a month for me. Because i had water retention, some of the rashes even looked like blisters. Went to see a derm and was given steroids cream and it went away.

12mo ago

Ok thanks

This are some of the red spots I got

Post reply image