Acne breakout

Hi mummies, did/do you get acne breakouts on chest and face? I'm 18 weeks and mine is really bad!! Not itchy but literally all over my face and chest. So unpleasant to look at.😩

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes, been there too. Acne on the face, back and chest. It has to do with the hormones. Currently 16weeks pp, acne has subsided, close to no more acne. Initially weeks after delivery, the acne was still quite bad but condition slowly improved after 5-6wks. I used Avene cleansing gel for body and face. Didn’t really work wonders but at least i know my skin is clean. Can’t do much to the acne during pregnancy. Take care!

Read more

Y'all on any hormones pill? Am on hormones pill since week 4 (bleeding) till now week 7. My acnes grow all over my face, neck, chest, and backs. Initially I apply pimple creams, then I gave up after 2 weeks. It grows more, and theres nothing I can do 😣 Hormones raging 😔 Jiayouss everyone!! I wished there are ways that can help with the pregnancy hormones breakouts too :\

Read more

Yes I experienced it before at first trimester, and all were so swollen and painful till I cannot take it and go get acne cream and home planted aloe vera to apply.. Even thou Dr told me is useless as these acne issue is due to hormonal.. Till mid of 2nd trim my skin suddenly got better all e way till I delivered and now back to acne everywhere 😖😫😩

Read more

You can try ellure products. I'm currently 10 weeks pregnant and have been using them for awhile and its safe for pregnant mummies too. Can check them out @ellure_rach instagram!

hi! I'm at 18 weeks as well but I've not experienced acne breakouts. Probably just keep the breakout areas clean. It's likely due to the elevated hormones when preggy. jiayou!

I think u wont be as bad as mine. I'm nearing wk 11 only and my whole chin area looks like I have beard cos acne all around. how ah...