acne breakout during pregnancy

hi mommies, i have been very acne prone before pregnancy. im close to 2nd trimester now and mt chest, shoulders n backs are having acne..its slowly spreading to my face now as well :( any remedy or products to.help for pregnant ladies? understand some products are not safe.m

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Your pregnancy hormones are the culprit - especially the changes during the first trimester. I read this on WebMD, "The higher level increases the skin's production of natural oils. It's hard to predict who will develop pregnancy acne. You have a higher risk, though, if you have a history of acne or have acne flares at the start of your menstrual cycle. If you do not develop acne during the first trimester, it's unlikely you'll have breakouts that are out of the ordinary during the second or third trimesters." Hope this helps.

Read more

Hii... I have the same problem as well. Acne has been coming out on my forehead, spreading to my jawline. More acnes are appearing on my back shoulders and around my shoulder bone. Feel stress whenever i touch my forehead.. But Im just trying to stay positive hoping it will be gone soon..

VIP Member

Having the same problem but good news is my face cleared up. Just gotta tahan a bit. Keep clean. But ultimately don’t touch it it will go away.

3y ago

It completely faded after I gave birth. Around 9-11 months postpartum.

Oh dear. I'm sorry to know this. If you want a sure remedy to this, please consult your gynae for pregnancy-safe medications/treatments.