Pregnancy Acne

Hi mummies, Need your help! I’ve been getting really bad acne & tiny bumps all over my face since my pregnancy. I’m only at 8 weeks! I’ve never had a problem with acne and my face is really making me self-conscious and stressed. Any recommendations for facial wash (I’m using Cetaphil at the moment) or good dermatologist for pregnant ladies?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Cetaphil is a gentle choice, but you might want to chat with your OB/GYN or a dermatologist just to be sure it's the best option for your pregnancy. They can recommend products safe for you and your baby. As for dermatologists, it's always good to consult with a pro who understands the unique needs of pregnant women. They'll guide you in the right direction. Also, have you considered looking into Pico laser for acne scars https://www.vaestheticsclinic.com.sg/skin/picolaser ? I've heard it's effective for some folks, but be sure to discuss this with your healthcare provider as well.

Read more
Super Mum

Pregnancy affects your hormone levels so it's expected but it should go away soon don't worry. Best to not put too many products or makeup your face, just stick with face wash, moisturizer and sunscreen. I use Simple face wash, very gentle.

3y ago

Thank you for the tip! I’ve been religiously using a gentle cleanser and moisturizer and it’s looking a little better. Hoping it’ll go away soon 😅😊