Private KK or Private hosp

Hi Mummies, currently I’m with KK under subsidise now however we are planning to go for private for our first baby. Currently I’m at 5 months. Can mummies suggest me good gynae/hospitals I should look into? Should I still stick to KK or out of it? Thank you.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was previously at mt A, but due to pre eclampsia at wk34, my gynae very nice recommend me to go to public hospital to give birth to save cost as I need to be warded 2 weeks till I give birth. I choose sgh and didn’t regret. I was under subsidised and the nurses and doc are all so nice. Yes, I can’t choose my gynae but the midwife and the gynae did such a great job & I’m so thankful. And due to pre eclampsia, my baby is born at 2kg. I couldn’t really push out and the gynae help me to “push” the baby out and avoid using assisted delivery. I’m so thankful for him till this date. Lastly, I only need to pay $1.5k from Medisave for my baby stay at HD ward for 1 week , and my hosp/delivery fee is foc covered by insurance. I saved more than $10k. If I were to have another baby, I will still go to my gynae at mount A, but give birth back at sgh 😅 My point is, it really depends on what’s ur priority and whether ur financial allows it. You could save a lot and spend it on the baby . Good luck!

Read more
3y ago

i have been to kkh and sgh as a subsidized patient. if u are goin kkh i can oni recommend that u chose PRIVATE. sgh wise im sure u will be under gd hands no matter private or subsidized. ;)