Nicknames

Hi mummies! Just curious on what do you call your toddler girl’s private area? Like usually we call our boy’s private area bird bird haha. Cos I have not come up with a name and not sure what to tell my girl.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think there's no shame in letting our kids know the real human anatomy are called. This is better cause if your kids are tryna tell/report something to you, you'll know exactly what is going on. weird people are around nowadays.. so better let the kids know the real term of their body parts name and how to take care of them and alert adults should anyone try to invade their privacy.

Read more
VIP Member

i once read a post on fb abt a mother using "cookie" for a girls private part. then one day the girl told her mum the uncle touched her cookie so the mum didnt think otherwise until one day the mother regretted giving nickname for it. that is where i learn not to give nickname for such. hope this helps😊

Read more

We don’t use nickname, has been using the actual name for all her body part since she was a baby, for the reason above (the pic) that I have attached

Post reply image
Super Mum
VIP Member

U shouldn’t. U should just address it as it is.. i have always taught my son ‘penis’.. so he uses that

My opinion is that , I would use the real name rather than nick name to just make sure she knows .

I called it “pompom”

It’s called a vagina.

🙄