Breast pump: To buy or not to buy yet? 👀

Hi mummies. Do you all buy breast pump in advance or only when you are certain that you are expressing breast milk after delivery? If you buy it in advance and not expressing any breast milk, wouldn't it go to waste as you will not be using it? If you decide to get one only after knowing that you are expressing breast milk post delivery, wouldn't it be too late/rush? Welcome input from experienced and first time mummies. Thanks a bunch! 😍 #pleasehelp #1stimemom #advicepls #firstbaby #bantusharing #ingintahu #pregnancy

3 Balas
 profile icon
Tulis jawapan

In my experience, I buy the breast pump in advance cause my milk start come out when I’m on 32w. And after delivery, after the baby start sucking the breast and stimulate it, my milk keep leaking and breast always swollen. It’s very pain and I need to pump the breast on time to avoid swelling breast.

Baca lagi
3y ago

lucky mummy, milk came sooner before delivery 😍 thank you 😊

I bought after delivery. try to breastfeed yr baby first. usually after delivery they will teach us to bf at least 30 minutes to 1 hour to stimulate first. later on when there is demand from bby..breast keep producing milk.. use marmet technique

3y ago

thank you for sharing, mummy 😍

VIP Member

I bought in advanced during my first pregnancy because at 30w my breast already started to produced milks. But my suggestion is, better be prepared. If your breast really can’t produce milk then you can sell it back to other people.

3y ago

another lucky mummy with milk came sooner! 😍 I should probably standby one piece at least, thank you 😄