Hi mummies, my baby is 8 months old and has constipation for 2 weeks already. Is that normal?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If u mean to say that the baby has not pooed at all in 2 weeks, then i think u need a doctor's help. If it's just long interval then i think u can try to give even more water. When i give fm i always put abt 10ml more water. When i make cereal i also put slightly more water then required. Before, during after meals all dink water. Our babies can rink p to 80-100ml of water a day. Just note veggies and fruits can cause hardening of stools. So making sure have to drink even more water. Try to make the leg cycling action or tummy massage. Some mummies bring their babies to yu guo tcm clinic at kembangan plaza (opp the mrt) and its quite a good tcm place just that there will be a Lot of sick children so practices extra high hygiene when u are there.

Read more
VIP Member

Two weeks is a bit long for a baby.. formula milk could be one of the reasons and though it is common it's still best to see a pd. You can try and switch to Nan formula milk too😊

VIP Member

papaya, steam pear, diluted prune juice, steam apple, banana. most importantly, offer more water. probably you could boil soup and let your lo drink the soup as well.

Is baby on formula or breastfeeding? Yes it is pretty normal Try to give more water, aside to that has baby started on solids yet?

7y ago

Try to give yogurt.

If it’s a breastfed baby it’s normal. Mine was about 2 weeks too until poonami came.

VIP Member

try giving papaya, banana or prune juice

VIP Member

try give prune juice