Flu vaccination

Hi mummies, anyone took flu vaccination during pregnancy? I heard that it’s recommended for pregnant ladies, but I’m kinda worried the body will have adverse effect instead. Anyone injected during pregnancy? Mind to share your experience pls. Thank you Update : thank you everyone for your kind advises and informations! Appreciate it :)

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I just have it during my 37th weeks pregnancy, cause the hospital kept running out of stock. Feeling slightly sleepy for 2 days but other than that everything is fine. Instead of worrying about the adverse effects, think of the protective effects to the baby. Baby can only get his/her 1st flu jap at 6 months old, so the vaccine can protect the baby till that time. Flu increases risk of pneumonia in both expecting mom & newborn, one vaccine can protect both mommy & baby till baby gets her first protection jap!

Read more

No adverse effects as far as I can tell. I took it together with my wife (second trimester) last weekend on Saturday, and apart from minor soreness on the injection site there’s nothing else that she experienced. She’s even swimming on the next day with no problems! The shot confers immunity to your unborn child by passing the antibodies to them, and it’s quite established that it’s beneficial to the child so go ahead with a peace of mind! 😉

Read more

I took the flu vaccine as recommended by my gynae in my first trimester. No adverse reactions. I never got flu/fever the entire of my pregnancy eventho I was around my husband who catches flu often.

TapFluencer

yes i did, during my 5/6 months and my gynae was the one who administered the flu vaccination. I don’t have any adverse effect and my girl is already 8 months old!

VIP Member

I took it in my 1st pregnancy it’s doctor recommended so don’t worry.. for my 2nd pregnancy I haven’t take as I never face any issues so far

My gynae recommended me to take the flu vaccine during my first appt about 6 weeks in pregnancy. So far no side effects for me.

VIP Member

I did in my 3-4months. coz I always probe to get cold and flu before pregnancy. no side effects for me at all

I took it when I was about 6-7 weeks. I was worried about side effects too but didn’t have any!

Thank you everyone for the sharing! Will talk to my gynea in my next visit to get the jab! :)

It will be beneficial to mom and baby. I took it during my third trimester.