Taking aspirin

Hi mummies! Anyone of you is taking aspirin as per your gynae's order? Any reaction so far?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I’m on aspirin since Week 15 because I had pre-eclampsia post-delivery for my firstborn. Doc says just continue until about Week 36. This is to prevent blood clotting so that baby will get sufficient oxygen and smooth blood flow to the placenta. Listen to your gynae’s advices however if you have any allergy reaction please tell them. I don’t have any side effects, maybe just the occasional acid reflux and mild headaches but nothing unbearable. Have a light snack before taking your aspirin just before bed.

Read more
2y ago

thank you so much! 😊 i just hope no bleeding or anything when taking aspirin

Have started on aspirin since Week 16/18 (don't exactly remember) on gynae's instruction due to having twins. I do remember gynae mentioned that usually there should be some test to show if there is high risk of high blood pressure but as multiple pregnancy has higher risk, we started anyway. Nurse did mention usually my gynae will stop the aspirin 1 month b4 delivery, hence i don't overbuy. The instruction is to take before sleep. No side effects for me though.

Read more

Hihi, I conceived through ivf. Right after embryo transfer, I started on aspirin and found out I was pregnant at about 3 weeks. First scan at 5 weeks, could see fetal heartbeat. Will be continuing with aspirin for the whole of pregnancy. Doctor says it’s due to my pre-gestational diabetes which is a risk for preeclampsia. Aspirin is a preventive measure. I dont have any side effects so far.

Read more

Am 9+ weeks and have been on aspirin since got BFP. Didn't have any side effects or reaction so far

I took until my late last trimester previously.. no reaction at all

VIP Member

Thanks for asking this question. Needed to know as well.

VIP Member

I was wondering too.