Emergency c sect and take care everything on your own

Hi mummies Can anyone share on tip how to heal the c sect faster & how to cope with baby n house chores? I had my emergency c sect last week, apparently the wound is still sting on and off. I do take my painkillers I have no confinement nanny hence i have to do everything myself. Is that why i still feel pain on my wound? If anyone had done c sect and take care baby and house chores on your own, please let me know any tips? Another stress to add is not very sure if i should pump every 3 hours. My breast sometimes will feel very full but once bb latch then it goes back to normal, but i cant measure how much LO drink hence i prefer to pump. Get on and off bed still difficult for me as well, but once bb cry i have no choice but to rush it😮‍💨 Please let me know how you guys cope!! Thanks in advance

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mummy, I had my csect 4 months ago. I’m a single mum with no nanny, only got a little help from my mum during daytime. I find it very useful to wear a tummy binder throughout the day and night, really helps to reduce the wound pain and improve your mobility. I think after 2-3 weeks I no longer feel any pain. For house chores, highly recommend to get some help, such as part time maid so that you can just focus on baby. Breastfeeding wise, I latched for the first 2 weeks, then found out baby couldn’t latch well and got hungry every hour, so I switched to pumping. As I was mostly taking care of baby alone, I couldn’t find time to pump so frequently, at most 4 times a day. I had engorgement issue a few times but after a while my supply stabilised and all was good. After about 2 months, my pumping output could no longer meet baby’s daily intake so no choice have to supplement with formula until now. I guess ideally we should pump every 3 hours to build supply like what most people suggest, but if it’s not practical for us, we shouldn’t stress ourselves too much and just do what we can. Stay strong and wish you speedy recovery, mummy!

Read more

i did not have c sect, but im doing all the chores myself and have to take care of my newborn too, so my confinement is like no confinement. In order to have more rest and time, i did latch my newborn only for the first few days after delivery, after that i need to pump milk (used to pump 2-3 times a day) and i only pump once a day (latching takes too long). I had my engorgement days as well, so get a home-based lactation massage to relief the pain from block ducts and you will have more milk to pump. I still have wound due to episiotomy and got infection due to too much movements a couple days later after discharged from hosp. I bought chlorohexadine from guardian to clean my wound, you may try if gynae didnt prescribe to you (source for other antiseptic solution if you are allergic to this). Hope this helps and also to tell you that you are not alone. 😊

Read more

I cannot advise you on the Csect part but the only way you can tell how much baby drinks is to pump out and bottle feed. If your breast still feels full after latching, you can hand express/pump so that you won’t risk of having clog ducts (this also increases your supply since there is a demand for it). (Don’t bash me) If getting off the bed is hard for you at the moment, you can get a baby nest and put on your bed so you don’t have to keep getting up and down. Housework can wait for hubby, once a week is fine also. Alternatively, you can hire pt helper that comes to clean every one or two weeks.

Read more

had csect too. i feel that my wound sting on and off too even when i dont do any house chores. my tip is to check with your gynae for advice as the dr would know your condition / wound best. get the husband to do the chores or find a part time helper because you really need rest to heal properly.. self care is important so that u can are for your little one. i faced the same problem too about not knowing how much baby drink when she latch. only way to find out is to pump. i also give formula so that i can keep track of her intake and wake hours at night so not to rush.

Read more

Oh no , i think for house chores you can take it slow or wait for your husband to get back from work. As csect will take longer to heal and you’ll need longer time to rest and not overwork your body. I believe if yiu keep straining yiur body your csec will take longer to heal. As for baby, since you dont have any help, instead of putting baby in crib, maybe can put in baby nest and place beside you.

Read more

Hi mummy, Csect takes ard 3weeks to heal, first month pls take care of ur body. Try to pump out full and see how many ml there is. Den another time after latching, u pump out again, and see the difference to gauge est how many ml baby drinks

This sounds useless to you but try to get someone to help with the chores will be better. You need to rest.