C-Sect Recovery

I’m a ftm. LO is 5 weeks. I had emergency c-sect during delivery. My incision wound recovered within the week and I could generally move about within 2 weeks. I thought I’m recovering well, so I started to carry my LO more etc. But in the last 2 weeks, LO has grown quite heavy and kicking quite strongly. So sometimes I get kicked in my abdomen area and I’ll feel pain. There’s no swelling etc, but the muscle inside seems to hurt so when I walk sometimes it’s like having a cramp. Other mummies who went through C-sect, is this normal? Should I stop carrying my LO for the time being? Any tips on how to recover fast? TIA!

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I felt pain during my 5th week PP while carrying my LO. Gynae mentioned it was normal and although on the surface it looks like it has recovered but the muscles inside takes a while more, hence the pain. I try to be mindful when carrying LO, e.g. not rock too hard, put him down when I felt discomfort and avoid over-stretching that area in your daily activities.

Read more
TapFluencer

Depend on individual by 5 weeks you can carry your baby just don't lift to heavy stuff and bend too much. Recovery depend on individual. 1 year pp still can feel pulling pain at times.