Baby refuses to nurse

Hi mummies. Anyone has the same problem as me? What did you do to resolve this? My 3 mth old is mix feed. I nurse him first before I give him fm. When my period comes, my supply dipped and so I fed him with fm and only nurse him once or twice a day. He has been refusing to nurse since then and instead will clamp & pull my nipple before pushing my breast away. I kept a milk stash for him but he's refusing it too. I pump for future use to put in his solids when he can start to eat. My breasts are also very soft and my right side only yields 5-10ml. So sad. I want to nurse him as long as I can, probably till 1 yrs old. Appreciate any kinds of advice as long as my LO will start nursing again. TIA!

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My baby used to be fussy at the breast too due to my fast letdown. I tried to pump first for about 5-10min or when I see the milk flow gets slower, then I let my boy latch. He was less fussy aft tt. If ur supply dips during period, I was told eating calcium magnesium supplements will help. Or u may want to try popping some Legendairy pills during period just to get supply up but don't continue to eat aft period as u will suffer engorgement if ure an oversupplier.

Read more
TapFluencer

unfortunately too little supply so my eldest hardly nursed too... my youngest only slightly more... tried my best to hold on till 6mo

3y ago

I'm actually an oversupply mum. My letdown is fast on both breasts. I can get more when I hand express. Only the right breast yield little when I pump. My left is ok but baby still don't want to latch.