Baby refuses to nurse

Hi mummies. Anyone has the same problem as me? What did you do to resolve this? My 3 mth old is mix feed. I nurse him first before I give him fm. When my period comes, my supply dipped and so I fed him with fm and only nurse him once or twice a day. He has been refusing to nurse since then and instead will clamp & pull my nipple before pushing my breast away. I kept a milk stash for him but he's refusing it too. I pump for future use to put in his solids when he can start to eat. My breasts are also very soft and my right side only yields 5-10ml. So sad. I want to nurse him as long as I can, probably till 1 yrs old. Appreciate any kinds of advice as long as my LO will start nursing again. TIA!

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My baby used to be fussy at the breast too due to my fast letdown. I tried to pump first for about 5-10min or when I see the milk flow gets slower, then I let my boy latch. He was less fussy aft tt. If ur supply dips during period, I was told eating calcium magnesium supplements will help. Or u may want to try popping some Legendairy pills during period just to get supply up but don't continue to eat aft period as u will suffer engorgement if ure an oversupplier.

Read more