Anyone had natural birth with epidural?

Mummies!! Anyone had natural birth? How long do you guys need to push? Any tips for easier labor, especially the pushing? P.S: I’ll be delivering at TMC..

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

my 1st bb, epidural at 5.30pm, 10 plus pm push few times, then midwife say dont push anymore, they will call in gynae. 11 plus pm push a few more times, bb come out le... 2nd bb, epidural at 8pm. 11 plus pm push and bb come out less than 30min my both time epidural is 1 packet in IV form. so can adjust dosage according to contraction...

Read more
3y ago

ya that's what they do in Mt E Novena. the midwives are very nice and experience. and my gynae and pd all stay nearby so they reach less than 10min. 2nd delivery involved pd coz bb came out at 35.5 weeks

I had 5 times. Only that the 5th time the epi didn't work on me so I still felt intense pain but took me 3 hrs of labour. If you're a FTM, labour might be longer but tip is to push only when you're told to and NEVER lift your butt up while pushing if you don't want a big tear. I only had episiotomy for my 1st.

Read more
3y ago

I hope perineal massage works🙏🏻🙏🏻

Listen to your midwife or gynae. It felt like you are pooping with no much feeling. Had induced labour for 17 hours. Cant endure anymore. Take laughing gas so I can wait till 3cm. Take Epidural(laughing gas help a lot of pain relief). Pushed for 9 mins

I was in labour for 26 hrs in total. Pushed for 2 hrs before baby decided to make her arrival.. All the best mummy! Yup, listen to the midwife when they asked you to start pushing..

I have 4 to 5 times top up epidural when my contractions kept on coming every few seconds when i couldn't take it and i was in a labour ward for about 8 hours

I had an epidural and natural birth..pushed for 3 hours ..was soooo tiring not gonna lie ..just push when the midwife told you to..must listen well 👍

i opt for epidural and it makes my waiting time during labor a lot easier.. its just that i dont know how to push so i end up assisted birth

VIP Member

I deliver at tmc last year. natural birth with epidural and the push take only 45 to 50min. push about 5times. FTM here.

I was in labour ward for 16 hours. topped up once. pushed for an hour before the baby was out.

natural birth & epidural. first child - 30mins 5 times push. 2nd child - 10mins 3 times push